Google Analytics

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

1 dead in rollover crash on I-95 North in Byfield

Two people were seriously injured when they were ejected from their vehicle during a rollover accident on I-95 Northbound near the Exit 55 & the Byfield / Newbury line. Two medflight helicopters were requested, one to land on the highway for the first injured party, and the second helicopter to land at Anna Jaques Hospital to meet the second patient. One patient was flown to Boston Medical Center.
The highway was shut down while medflight landed, and for State Police to investigate the scene, reportedly causing a backup 10 miles long.

Photo courtesy @ActionPage1 on Twitter

UPDATE 9:00 PM: A commentor on the AlertNewEngland Facebook page reports that one fatality has resulted from the accident.


9 comments:

  1. I was on my way home and had to come to a dead stop didn't know what had happened, then I saw the car and the two people on the ground, it was horrible, I cried all the way home. I prayed for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prayed as I was I knew I had to break for stop. God
    Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came on this going southbound and was pulled into the median and out with blankets within seconds. I couldn't drive by knowing there were no police or any officials there yet. Many strangers came to help and these boys were not alone for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks to you and the others who stopped to help. It's good to know there are still people out there who will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of these people was my friend and I am sorry to say He passed away about 3 hours after the accident. My heart goes out to his family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a horrible accident. I did witness it and as I drove home I prayed for the two people. I am so sorry for your loss. May He RIP. My prayes and thoughts are with his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too, witnessed this accident and watched as rescue crews flew and drove in to help the victims. It was tragic...my deepest sympathies and prayers go out to the families.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DisneyAddict.....I am Jon's Aunt& I want to Thank You from the bottom of my heart for doing what you did. It means so very much to all of us & I know my Sister deeply appreciates it as well. Especially knowing the both of them weren't alone for a minute.Thank You for being the person that you are. May God bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete